The Wasted Chef : The Tale of the Hungry Hearts

by - 7/28/2016


Once upon a time, a wasted heart craved for burger, pasta, pizza, and shrimp …

The weather wasn’t quite cooperative that day. Starting in Ayala Business Park - Cebu where I dropped-off, I walked onwards to Asilo since I preferred walking as I’m not familiar with the place. I tried asking some people I met on the road of the whereabouts of “The Wasted Chef”, unfortunately, they haven’t heard of it. So, this brave young heart with super energetic feet traveled across nations and look for the restaurant by myself. Minutes of walk and I still can’t find the place. I stop passed the church and took my phone and tried contacting my friends. But before they can even answer my messages, my eyes caught a familiar face which happened to be my friend on the second floor of the building in front of me. I just then realized it was the place I was looking for. Finally!

I stepped inside and greeted my friends and was wondering why we’re the only customer. I just learned then that the restaurant will open only by 6 PM and we are just 30 minutes early. I was slightly disappointed as I didn’t see it coming that way. My pets in my belly are like forming a strike. I was truly hungry that time since I haven’t eaten since morning. Centuries later and everyone has arrived and exactly the restaurant officially starts serving. We went to the cashier and paid the P250  fee per head. We are then each provided with “tadtaran" or chopping board. It took me a moment to wonder what I should do with the wooden board. The wooden board is their unique style instead of a plate. It was indeed a brilliant idea. I never thought I’d be eating on a chopping board.



Time to eat! We took varieties of pizza and ask the servers for the pasta. We also ask them to serve shrimps for us. Then burgers and shawarmas on the other side. The fee is inclusive of bottomless iced tea.

What did I like? Among my options, what I love the most is their Filipino style pasta spaghetti. The taste is perfect Filipino style. Second is the butter-garlic fried shrimp, no wonder I almost consumed most of it. Their pizzas are quite okay for me but not quite enough for me to love them. What I don’t like are the burgers and shawarmas. Just not!

Overall, I enjoyed the night with friends. Dinner is not just about the food but the people whom within the table with you. The wasted heart finally found the treatment.

(c) Photo credits to BJ Abella Photography.

Just to summarize ...

Entrance Fee: P250 per head
Open hours: 6 PM to 12 AM daily
Location: Gorordo Ave. in front of the famous Azul Tuslob-Buwa Station.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/wastedchefcebu/?fref=ts

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I suggest you edit your article like crazy before posting it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is there something wrong with my article Sir? :)

      Delete