Sumilon Island : Summer Ending Story

by - 8/27/2016


The sun might be burning brightly floating above us right now, but still, it's going to set. Just like everything under the sun, each has its time. Many claim that forever does not exist. It maybe sounds bitter for those who believed in forever such as lovers. But that's not the point of this article. The summer is about to end that time but it didn't stop us. Together with friends, we set sail to the town of Oslob in the south of Cebu. The weather wasn't quite well that time, it ain't constant as life it is.

While inside the boat we rented, our excitement grows bigger and bigger as we were able to see the island from the distant. My amazement hits the skyline the moment my eyes laid on the water as clear as crystal with the fascinating colors of turquoise. I who grew up in an island never had the excitement of beaches but the island is an exception. In my opinion, the water is here is clearer compared to Moalboal which also once had my impression. Compare to Virgin Island, Sumilon had much clearer water but it lacks the long-white-sand factor.


I really love the place. The atmosphere is so relaxing. It's even funny to think that we wait and search for whale sharks. Just being hopeful. But the thing that I treasured the most wasn't the place but the memories I had with friends. Honestly, this is post is not intentionally to promote the place but for my two friends who just broke up recently. This is to remind them that forever exist. Keep in mind our memories we had here. Never say "walang forever". The sun might set in the afternoon but it never fails to rise the next day. There is no such end.

"Never Forget."

You May Also Like

0 comments