Tumalog Falls : Disappointment and Enchantment

by - 6/10/2016


"If you want a rainbow, you have to deal with the rain." - John Green

One of the most unforgettable thoughts I've quoted from my favorite movies.  It's like when you travel, the struggle of the rides is for the rain then the rainbow is the destination.

Dark clouds are forming above the sky and then it started to rain while we are on our way to the town of Oslob, Cebu. Fortunately, the rain stopped as we arrived. I'm the kind of person who's not fond of waterfalls. I grow up believing these wonders of nature are homes to the mythical beings just like how it told in folklores. But, I do not have an option since the Tumalog Falls is part of our itinerary for the day trip.



When we reached the stopover, we drop off from the car since the road is too slope. We decided to walk instead of riding a motorcycle to save money and also the road is too dangerous for a vehicle. As we arrived in the place, I asked myself "Where is the water?". It's indeed a bad timing for us. The water dropping from the cap of the cliff is little. But we didn't waste our time standing in disappointment. We spend our time by taking pictures and roam around the surroundings. The structure is indeed majestic. I sat on a huge trunk in the center of the pool as I watched the water falling from above. I was so enchanted. The place is relaxing. While observing the waterfall, I saw a huge bird across the sky. The size is comparable to an eagle. As the light from the sun pass through its feathers, I saw its feather burning in the color of red. And then it's cry can be heard all over the area. It was too loud and unusual.




I may be disappointed with my first waterfall chase, but something deep inside me keeps on telling me for more. 'Til next waterfall adventure!




You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. Well, I would just like to congratulate you on your first ever "Chasing Waterfalls" though you may have been disappointed a bit. There are still more beautiful falls here in Cebu that's why you should keep on chasing them. 😀😉 Anyway, I am always amazed with your photos. Thanks for sharing.

    Gly
    chasingpotatoes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow! Thanks Gly ... Yeah I should go for more .. :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Jace! You have a great blog! =) I love the layout and everything about it!
    Neil Nicerio
    The Backpack Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Neil, Thanks a lot for dropping by! I like your NicerioAdventures too ... :)

      Delete