Cliff Jumping at Sta. Fe

by - 4/11/2017


Remember the film entitled 'Camp Sawi' of Viva films which starred some of the big stars including Arci Muñoz, Andi Eigenmann, Bela Padilla, Sam Milby, and more? My heart was throb with excitement when the film was released in the cinemas last year so I watched it on its first week. It excites me not because of the cast neither not because I am 'Sawi' like many of the other audience, but because of the place where the film took place. The film was set on Bantayan Island - my home island.

Throughout the film, I realized that there are still more places beyond imaginable beauty on the island. When I finally got a chance to visit my island, I didn't waste the opportunity to visit Camp Sawi at Kota Beach Resort but unfortunately, the management doesn't allow us to enter the resort for the privacy of the guests who booked at the resort.

Since we can't get inside the resort, I decided that we go instead to the spot in where Sam Milby and Bela Padilla jumped off from a cliff. When we arrived at the place, I can no longer hold my cravings for Vitamin Sea. The cliff was located on a vacant lot with an old ruined building beside. It was truly a magnificent spot. Though I'm not sure if that area is private or public but it has no entrance fee. I have a great experience in this place. While I'm about to jump, I hesitate and step back saying 'I can not do it.'  I attempted many times but I just can't my feet are shaking whenever I'm on the cliff until my brother pushes me off and there I realized that it doesn't hurt. I was over satisfyingly experience. Until then, I keep on doing it again and again till afternoon. 




So how to get there?
If you are from Cebu City, go to North Bus Terminal and ride a bus going to Hagnaya and the bus will certainly drop you off the Hagnaya Port. Then ride a shuttle ferry going to Sta. Fe Port. From the Port of Sta. Fe, ask a habal-habal driver to get you there. Also, see below estimated budget travel fare. Feel free to comment or send us me a message.


You May Also Like

4 comments