Mt. Lanigid : Mad Cow Rush Expedition

by - 3/06/2016


My first trek was so memorable and exciting that makes me crave for more climbing adventures. To skip the stressful and boring weekend routine in the city I accepted my friend's invitation for this trek. We decided to go on a day-trek only considering also because it's my first time. The activity was organized by the NCR Trekking Club which is composed of elite and experienced climbers.

We aboard from the SM City where everyone gathered and drove a jeepney to Brgy. Mulao of Liloan, Cebu. We are then dropped on our starting point where we are again gathered for a brief orientation from the leaders. We are also encourage to do some stretching before we set off to prepare our bodies and to avoid cramps.



The trek then begins! Everyone was so excited and rushed forward immediately. The road was plain and cemented that made it easy for the trekkers. I'm not even surprised to see some enjoying selfies on their selfie sticks while walking. After a couple of minutes walking, I felt exhausted already. We still made a short distance. Although the road was plain but it's very slope that made us tired already. Regardless the exhaustion, I enjoyed the scenery on the way up as I cross with different kind of plants and trees and also the surrounding hills. We greeted each local we met on the way.


Then we stopped at the Brgy. Hall to pay for the P10 entrance fee for each person then we are lead to the foot Lanigid hill. I was shock cause I thought we are already close to the peak yet we are just about the start on the real trek. This time the path is no longer friendly. It's narrow and very rocky. So this is the climb? It's very dangerous because if you made a mistake and you'll fall and you'll going to 'ligid'. This might be why they call this hill 'Lanigid' because it sounds like 'naligid' which means rolling.


I was very exhausted and very annoyed by different kinds of plants that sticks on your clothes. Well the journey was fun. Roxy was so terrified for an unknown reason.


We made random stops on some open areas to keep up with our breathing and rest for a while. When we heard the frontiers that we are close to the peak we were so excited again and started climb faster.


The people on the front stopped because there's a cow and her calf blocking the path. They are so wild and started rushing towards the trekkers. While some brave trekkers tried to distract the terrified animals we then take the opportunity to proceed on the path. But unluckily it was long enough for them to hold the cows as soon as I heard rumbling from the back I turn and saw the cow rushing at us so I push the person in front of me as I was also being pushed by someone next to me and then to our surprise we reach the peak. The cow gives us a boast but some were so unfortunate because they fall in the bushes to avoid the rushing cow.


Finally, we did it! Ready to capture the blogger pose on the top of the hill!


You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Hi TBND or Kuya Journal! Thanks for dropping by! Not sure unsa meaning sa 'chada' pero it's a cool place. Worth Climbing!

      Delete
    2. It's Chada indeed, A day trek will do but it's more fun if you spent night time at the hill (night camp). @Yow : term "chada" is a cagay-anons term which means nice, gwapa etc. everything nice :D hehehehhehe

      Delete
    3. Ohhhhh! thanks Yow .. I'm gonna take note of this.. At first I thought it's some sort of negative cause it sounds like chaka but it's actually the opposite then ^_^ hahaha Chada!!!

      Delete
  2. Hiiiii! :) You must have been one of the day trekkers. Sorry I didn't get to know you. :) Hope you can join an overnight camping next time. Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ms. Kresia. Thanks for dropping by ... I'm sad we weren't able to talk but I noticed you as the pretty and highly active organizer ^_^ Next time would be an overnight! ^_^

      Delete