Simala : Palace of Miracles

by - 2/17/2016


"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

 It was a great joy to finally visit the Miraculous Virgin Mary of Simala. I made a promise to myself when I was young that soon I'll visit her. Stories has been widely spread about the miracles she granted to her believers. It was 13th of February, a day before the heart's day when my single friends and I decided to go to Simala. I watched in amazement as I finally witnessed the incredible structure of the church. I was huge that was almost like a castle. It's almost Disneyland but the absence of amusement parks. As I walk on the bulwark I saw the beauty of the surrounding hills and the ocean.

Upon reaching the church, we fall in line for the mass offering for the souls of our beloved ones who already passed. Next, we went to the devotional area to lit votive candles for our prayers. I found it interesting on this part because the monks are selling different colors of candles where a color represents for your prayers.


GOLD – for healing (good health, recovery, spiritual, family tree)
GREEN – for prosperity/success (exam, study, financial, business)
BLUE – perseverance (employment, career, assignment, promotions)
VIOLET – achievement (plans in life, struggles, endeavors, journey)
RED – love (unity, friendship, engagement, family)
YELLOW – peace (courage, strength, hope)
WHITE – purity (enlightenment, guidance, right path)
ORANGE – reconciliation ( sweetheart, wife, husband, enemy, family)
PINK – thanksgiving/happiness/joy (spiritual, physical)
BLACK – souls (forgiveness, pardon)
BROWN – vocation (marriage bond, God’s servant, single life)
GRAY – deliverance (bad ways, things, spirits)
CREAM – conversion/faith (children, household, couples)

I was surprised when I found out that I'm the only one who bought red. Probably I'm the only one who's desperate for the thing. We'll after we lit the candles, we also write our petitions in a sheet of paper then drop on the petitions boxes. While waiting for the mass to start, we roam the fortress and took some incredible photos. Selfie here and selfie there. There are wonderful spots you can take pictures. My favorite spot is in wishing well where there is bell hanging on the top with no clapper that left me wonder how am I going to ring the bell. Luckily a brilliant friend of mine toss a coin at the bell before it sank in the well. So that's how! 


You May Also Like

0 comments