Crystal Clear Moalboal : An Instant Holiday Getaway

by - 1/03/2016


At the club with my friends as we celebrate the New Year was already fun enough. Dancing through the beat of the sound and was like being manipulated by the DJ. Drinks on the other hand while the other one is on the air. The atmosphere was filled with smoke that passes through the light streaks of the laser beams. I just suddenly realized that this is not the way I wanted to celebrate the holiday.

Until one of my friend approached me and invited me to join with his friends to their trip to Moalboal at 5 AM. It was already 3 AM when he invited me. Unprepared and having no idea of this #LaagPaMore. Fortunately I was able to have an extra shirt, underwear and a boxer of my bag. So I quickly decided to come along.

While on the bus, I took the opportunity to rest myself and have a short nap. Arriving at the Moalboal Market at around 10 AM we then surf the place and find something to eat then bought drinks and fishes to grill. There I noticed an old ruined church which is just so magnificently beautiful. 

We then hire a tricycle to get us to Basdako Beach. The way to the beach was frustrating where you are welcome by entrance fee collections which is not only once but twice. One for the Barangay and the other is for the resort. But the frustration was wiped out when our eyes caught on the enchanting water just in front of us. 

We're finally settled to a cottage we rent just in front of the beach. While the others are busy grilling the fishes. I took the opportunity to wander the place and took pictures. It didn't take long until I finally soaked my self in the alluring crystal clear water of the beach. Near the shore is almost turquoise while the on the deeper side is navy blue. The white sand is comparable to Bantayan Island where I grew up. I can say that among all my beachin' experience this might be the clearest water I've been that I even imagine myself swimming in the pool. Aside from being clear, it might also be the saltiest  seawater I've been. I didn't bother the heat of the sun at all. I spent all day long swimming to the majestic water of the South. 


So How I Magically Transported to Basdako Beach?

From the South bus terminal, we took a bus going to Bato via Barili. Ask the conductor to drop you at Moalboal Market. Fare for the air-condition bus is P116. Upon reaching the market, hire a tricycle to get you at Basdako Beach where the fare can be P20 - P30 per person. Upon entering the beach, prepare a P5 entrance fee for the Barangay then another P10 entrance fee for the resort. Cottage will cost P300 where you can use the whole day. If you want to stay overnight the locals will offer you accomodations which will be around P1500. They also offer an island hopping package. The rent for the boat is P2500 which is good for 15 person which is already equipped with Snorkeling, Life Jackets and other tools for diving. 

You May Also Like

2 comments